Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, voters are encouraged to vote by mail for this election. Precincts will be open following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and practicing social distancing.
June 23, 2020 Dual Primary
Polls are open on Election Day from 6 am to 7 pm, don’t forget your Photo ID!
Get registered, apply for an absentee ballot or see where you vote at the Virginia Department of Elections.
- Absentee Voting begins Friday, May 8, 2020.
- Voter Registration Deadline - Monday, June 8, 2020
- Deadline to apply for Absentee ballot:
- In Person - June 20, 2020
- By Mail - June 16, 2020
Before visiting your local registrar’s office, check your registration status or call your registrar’s office. Also review the application to insure you have all of the information necessary to complete the process. If you are not already registered, you will have to wait five days after registration before you can be issued an absentee ballot (exception for military and overseas voters only).
If you have a Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles license or ID card, you can register online using our Online Absentee Ballot (OAB) application.
- Within 45 days prior to the election in which you wish to vote, visit your local registrar’s office to vote absentee in-person.
- At the registrar’s office, fill out an Absentee Application. You must show an acceptable form of photo ID. To view a complete list of acceptable IDs, please visit our Voting In-Person page.
- After completing the application, you will be allowed to vote absentee in-person using a voting machine in the registrar’s office. Accessible equipment and/or curbside voting is available upon request.