- Feature Links
The County of Mathews follows the state guidelines for online privacy that read…
"It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is being collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body."
The County of Mathews website:
- Does not require you to provide any personal information to download files or reports or view information.
- Contains links to other websites. The County of Mathews is not responsible for the privacy or the content of these websites.
- Asks you to provide enough personal information in order to provide you with services or information that you request.
- May be unable to provide your requested service or information if you choose not to provide us with the information needed.
- Does not provide personal information to any other person, entity or organization without your consent, unless required by law.
- Does not track your movements through the website.
- Does automatically log technical information for anonymous statistics reports to increase performance and maintain security of this site.
- SASS Providers the County may use are:
- Google Analytics
- Google webmaster tools
- Google Calendar
- Google Maps
- Official Payment
- Bing Maps
- State of Virginia Court Case Information
If you have any questions, please contact the County Administrator’s office at 804-725-7172. The personal information collected by the County of Mathews, including forums, surveys, discussions, will be used to inform the County’s decision-making process on new initiatives, programs, service, spending allocations, etc. The County only collects your email address and personal information necessary for specific initiatives posted on the County of Mathews website. The Freedom of Information Act and Protection of Privacy Act are the legislative authorities for the collection of personal information. Unless requested, please do not include personal information that identified you or other individuals when submitting content to the County of Mathews. Personal information that is not requested will be deleted and not considered in the evaluation of new initiatives.
All images and text used on the County of Mathews website are copyrighted and are protected by applicable laws. Re-publication or re-distribution of this content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of the owner. If unsure, please contact the County Administrator’s office at 804-725-7172.