- Social Media Policy
Social Media Policy
Mathews County Social Media Policy
Adopted by the Board of Supervisors on September 2, 2020
The purpose of this site [Mathews County website and social media platforms] is to present matters relevant to the services, activities, issues, or policies of Mathews County. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, criticisms and concerns, but please note that this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
Material covered by this policy includes not just comments, but also images and links to other sites. The county reserves the right to remove any material that, in whole or in part, does not comply with this policy or applicable law.
The county also reserves the right to remove material that
1. contains anything obscene, vulgar, or sexually explicit
2. is spam
3. advocates or depicts illegal activity
4. targets or disparages any ethnic, racial, religious, gender, or other type of group
5. contains personal attacks of any kind
6. promotes private business ventures, services, products
7. campaigns for public office or promotes a political organization or candidate
8. infringes on copyrights or trademarks
9. jeopardizes the safety of personnel, or the conduct of operations or investigations
10. is off topic
Programs or events provided by organizations that serve Mathews County residents and receive funding or support from the county or provide professional support to special populations served by county programs are not considered private business ventures, services, or products.
In addition, the county reserves the right to remove material containing computer viruses or that otherwise may disrupt, damage, or restrict the use of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Please note that material posted on this site or links created by anyone other than the county does not reflect the opinions and position of Mathews County.
Finally, your participation on this site is at your own risk, you are responsible for your own comments and any information that you provide.